Installed Games

Peter Rauhut dabeor at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 14:54:41 UTC 2015

What is the premium for the games? I don't know off the top of my head
how much space they take up, but the VM install of Xubuntu 14.04 I'm
looking at right now only came with Mines and Sudoku, I can't imagine
those are much larger than a few MBs. That's a very small impact on the
size of the ISO and is such a cheap feature that adds the appearance of
a lot of value to new users, or people who feel intimidated by the OS.
If I were in a situation where I was not familiar with computer systems
at all, and somebody switched me to Xubuntu, the very first thing I
would be doing was trying to find something I was familiar with, in
order to connect on some level with it. Simple games give an easy outlet
to beginners to learn how to navigate. Relying on browser games is
similar to pushing people to escape what Linux is providing them, rather
than learning to feel comfortable with it.

I'm for keeping the games.