Installed Games

Pasi Lallinaho pasi at shimmerproject.org
Wed Jan 28 09:17:46 UTC 2015

I would drop all games altogether.

I don't know how many play simple desktop games in 2015, but I would
imagine its a lesser number than browser-based game players. Ultimately,
it's definitely less than people who use social media... That being
said, I'm sure people will rather log in to Facebook/you-name-it when
installing rather than play a game of Minesweeper.

After installation, it's easy enough to install games from the
repositories; and you get what you like too.

Dave, I don't know about potential licensing issues, but even without
them, shipping Steam isn't sensible with any distribution. Only the
amount of data we would need to ship with every download is beyond
insanity – just to install a few games the user might or might not play
once, let alone talking about several times... And who could guarantee
Steam/the games even work on their boxes?

Cheers,
Pasi

Pasi Lallinaho (knome)                » http://open.knome.fi/
Leader of the Shimmer Project         » http://shimmerproject.org/