[TEAM] ISO target size

Bruno Benitez gridcube at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 15:40:23 UTC 2015

> > I would suggest a one click install or something similar for LibreOffice
> amd stick with 1GB.
>
> This has been suggested before with LibreOffice and other software. What
> does the rest of the team feel about this generally (without having to
> +1 or -1)?
>
> ​Isn't the USC already like a one click install?

I think it would be more beneficial to users to have a "Welcome to Xubuntu"
tutorial in the desktop, something like the installer slideshow but that
can be called by users and has a "uninstall me" at the end of itself, it
should explain the basic software that comes with xubuntu and how simple is
to get alternatives, like "page one, internet (explains firefox and
hexchat/pidgin, and some of the alternatives)", "page two: office (explains
abiword and gnumeric and how easy is to install LO or any other)",  3
multimedia (gmb, ristretto and parole), and finally  games. I think this
would be more sensible as it would serve as a teaching tool to new users
about how to behave in the ubuntu environment and how to get new
applications.​

​For the matter of ISO target size i don't think we should change it, ≃1GB
is good. but it should not be a limit size, if applications already shipped
require more space then be it, no applications should be dropped.

--
Bruno.-