[TEAM] ISO target size

PK pliniusminor at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 14:13:20 UTC 2015

In my opinion it's only desirable to stay somewhat below 2 GB (with a
margin of 100 - 200 MB). So that all 2 GB USB thumb drives are fit for
Xubuntu, with a few MB's to spare for persistent space for documents and
such.

As far as I'm concerned, there's no need to strive for "below or as close
as possible to 1 GB" as well.

With only "somewhat below 2 GB" as requirement, the Xubuntu developers will
get more freedom to add bigger packages if they wish. Which might benefit
the market share of Xubuntu in the long run.

I'm not a dev, just a translator for Xfce (upstream) and for (X)ubuntu, so
I'm eager to get some technical feedback on this view from the devs. :-)

Regards, Pjotr.