How exactly does the disk management automount of external devices work and where does it store passwords for cryptsetup?

Karma Kolabor collaborista at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 12:38:41 UTC 2015

Hi,

well, that's all the content is in the subject already...

How exactly does the disk management automount of external devices
work and where does it store passwords for cryptsetup?

It would be very nice if anybody would like to send me some links to
detailed documentation about how this automounting, especially the
mounting of external devices that are encrypted with cryptsetup,
exactly works.

And where the heck are the cryptsetup device passwords stored when the
device management pops up and asks me to remember forever this
password?

Also: how do I delete / clear that stored password? I do not mean the
cryptsetup password saved in the luks header - I am asking about the
disk management tools of the gui - where do they store the passwords?

Thanks for your attention,
have a nice day,
Karma