Exploratory testing - catfish, menulibre

flocculant at gmx.co.uk flocculant at gmx.co.uk
Sun Aug 23 17:24:00 UTC 2015

Not much has been said since the last QA lead talked about package
testing [1]

Since then we've not seen much movement - at present about the only way
we can gauge testing is via bug reports.

Since then there have been changes to some packages we use, recently
there were updates to catfish and menulibre [2,3] Both are available
(and if you are using WIly and it's updated then you'll have the new
versions) for wily.

While you are checking the Beta 1 image out next week, we'd appreciate
people taking the time to look at both of these. Play about, look for
regression.

In the words of Sean Davis (bluesabre on IRC) [4]

    flocculant    bluesabre: anything in particular you want people to
    look for with catfish and menulibre?     15:19
    flocculant    I was just going to point at your blog posts and ask
    for them to check things out     15:19
    bluesabre    flocculant: nothing in particular. there is a known bug
    with the end date for catfish custom modified range not working    15:21
    bluesabre    other than that, just anything not working

[1] https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xubuntu-devel/2015-June/010798.html
[2] https://smdavis.us/2015/08/20/catfish-1-3-0-released/
[3] https://smdavis.us/2015/08/20/menulibre-2-0-7-and-2-1-0-released/
[4] http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2015/08/22/%23xubuntu-devel.html#t15:19