Wily Beta 1 Testing

flocculant at gmx.co.uk flocculant at gmx.co.uk
Sat Aug 22 07:06:51 UTC 2015

The first of the two milestones we're participating in for this cycle
will land early next week for release on Thursday. [1]

As I'll be away, people from our Release [2] and QA [3] teams will be
about making sure that we get sufficient testing done so we can actually
release the Beta on Thursday. Any questions - join #xubuntu-devel on
irc.freenode.net - someone will help.

The milestone will as always be recorded on the iso tracker [4] Once
there is a dedicated Beta 1 url someone will ping the list with it.

While tests done in a virtual machine prove the state of the image,
doing so on hardware where it is possible is preferred, though I know
it's not always available to us all.

Please mark your calendars and put aside an hour or so to help ensure
the image is worthy of release.

regards

[1] https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-release/2015-August/003355.html
[2] https://launchpad.net/~xubuntu-release/