Vivid QA incentives report

flocculant at gmx.co.uk flocculant at gmx.co.uk
Fri Aug 7 11:26:03 UTC 2015

On 20/05/15 20:23, elfy wrote:
> On 16/05/15 13:47, Paul White wrote:
>> [snip]
>>
>> I'm suggesting this as I'm often at a loss what to test for. I'm
>> inundated with emails from various lists which I read at various times
>> of the day on various devices and by the time I get around to do some
>> testing at the weekend I've forgotten about the most important items.
>>
>> Anything that can highlight current testing requirements would be of
>> great help to me and I'm sure to others.
> Sorry about being a tad afk ...
>
> For something this specific I don't actually believe that Launchpad is
> agile enough.
>
> Picking up on this point there's no reason why we couldn't look at
> using something to do this.
>
> Maybe Trello ... maybe an etherpad ... maybe wiki ...
>
> The issue with etherpad (at least using Ubuntu one) is people need to
> be in a LP group to access that - not everyone is.
>
> Trello - there is a QA trello instance - we could have a 'we want to
> test this' board on it - that trello is publically readable.
>
> Wiki - I started last cycle with a 'skeleton'  wiki for us to use to
> build release notes against, no reason why not having a section there.
>
> Mailing lists, I already mail the dev list and the LP testers when we
> want something tested - no reason why not be more specific when doing so.
>
> Finally, if there is anything that I and the QA team can do to make
> life easier - we're all ears.
>
> thanks
>
> Kev

So - restarting this discussion.

What do you the testers think is the best way forward?

Frankly - I'm happy to do what works best for you.

At the moment the concensus from a few people is use trello to give
testers the information they need.

Currently we've got a few weeks to get this sorted out - this cycle has
been a bit odd for QA - but what we do need to do, is be ready for the
next cycle that being testing for the next LTS.

thanks all