UOS 15.05

Nicholas Skaggs nicholas.skaggs at canonical.com
Tue Apr 14 17:00:09 UTC 2015

15.04 is nearing release in just a bit over a week! It's time to start
thinking about next cycle already! UOS 1505 is coming up on Tuesday 05
May 2015 and is the perfect time to share your plans with the rest of
the community. I'm writing to encourage you to consider hosting a
planning session for interested users. Even if you plan in other ways or
at a separate event, I would still extol you to prepare a session to
share news and talk about what's happening within your flavor. UOS is an
excellent opportunity to expand your community and the ubuntu community
as a whole.

Thanks to elfy and knome, this topic is already on the schedule for the
April 15th meeting, but I wanted to provide some general background to
the list.

Summit(1) is already setup and ready for session proposals. There is
both a community track as well as a 'show and tell' track that will be
of use to you. If you wish to simply demo something cool within your
flavor, feel free to propose a session in show and tell. This can be
something simple like showing off what's new in xubuntu, what's changed
in 15.04 / planned for 15.10, etc. Anything that would make a good demo
and show off what you are working on / have worked on is a good
candidate for this track. The session need not be long as it's a demo.

If you are willing and able to host a planning or community session,
please feel free to utilize the community track. This can be completely
informal, and can be utilized to inform the greater community about your
plans or help you solidify them.

Either way should you need help proposing a session, please refer to the
handy guide(2), or simply reply to this email. Thanks for considering
UOS in your planning for next cycle!

Nicholas

1. http://summit.ubuntu.com/uos-1505/
2. http://uds.ubuntu.com/getinvolved/propose-a-session/