Final Beta

Elfy ub.untu at btinternet.com
Tue Sep 23 06:07:35 UTC 2014

On 18/09/14 17:23, Elfy wrote:
> On Monday the Final Beta image's should start to be generated for
> release on Thursday the 25th.
>
> Please try and pencil in 30 minutes to run an image test for us on
> either virtual machines or hardware.
>
> As release date in just over a month creeps up it is becoming more
> important that we get the images tested.
>
> Once we've got workable images I will post the tracker url.
>
> Thanks

Images are not ready for testing yet but they will be at

http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/324/builds

Known Issues for virtual machines (at least vbox and qemu)

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lightdm/+bug/1371651

Install goes fine - doesn't boot - you can start the installed desktop
from vt1 with sudo service lightdm start

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xubuntu-default-settings/+bug/1365815

Black background to Try/Install screen

Thanks

--