Testing alternate format destination for xubuntu-docs

Elizabeth K. Joseph lyz at ubuntu.com
Sat Nov 22 03:58:36 UTC 2014

On Sun, Nov 16, 2014 at 3:26 PM, Stephen Michael Kellat <skellat at sdf.org> wrote:
> Based upon discussions on another list that need not necessarily be discussed here, a tangential question came up about our use of DocBook for maintaining xubuntu-docs.  Since we theoretically can export to EPUB from DocBook, what would it take to make e-reader friendly versions of the documentation?  Would we be willing/able to make xubuntu-docs for 14.04 and 14.10 available from xubuntu.org as a test we could receive user feedback on prior to the end of the Vivid cycle?  I don't have a full use case yet but wanted to throw the idea out there first before I lost it.

This is a great idea, since EPUB is a supported export format it
should be pretty easy to do this, assuming that the EPUB doesn't look
horrible :) Does someone want to give this a go and share the result?
Once we know what it looks like without tweaking we can figure out how
much work it would be to make it look good.

If it looks good we can start linking the EPUB version from the docs
website, maybe do a PDF too while we're at it.

http://www.princessleia.com