New Xubuntu Project Lead: Simon Steinbeiß

Simon Steinbeiß simon at xfce.org
Tue May 13 06:35:39 UTC 2014

Dear Xubuntu Team and community,

thanks a lot for your support (and congratulations)!

I'd like to start by thanking my predecessor Pasi Lallinaho for his power of endurance, his creativity and his leadership. Maybe the best LTS release I've ever been a part of – 14.04 – is a worthy finale for his term of office.

I'd particularly like to thank the whole Xubuntu team and our contributors (some of which will hopefully become team members in the future) – for their past contributions and I hope we will continue to work together as well as we have done in the 14.04 cycle.

A tip of the hat goes to my "contender" Sean Davis. I've worked with him on so many projects already – and it was always a pleasure! Working with him also motivated me to get cooperations going with others. Hence losing to him wouldn't have hurt a bit :)

So enough with the bowing and thanking and without much further ado: let's get to work!

Cheers,
Simon