Strange behavior of desktop icon text

Scott Moore scottbomb at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 26 01:48:08 UTC 2014

I'm testing the latest daily .iso and have noticed some strange
behavior. On all my other PCs, Xubuntu 13.10 runs with the Greybird
style, which does not have that bubble border around the icon names. In
14.04, the bubble border is there. I haven't had to use the
/home/user/.gtkrc-2.0 hack in 13.10. Now, if I go to Settings ->
Appearance and change they style to anything else then back to Greybird,
the icons now have their names without the bubble (transparent text
background). However, it doesn't persist across sessions.

I'm thinking I should file a bug but against what package?

Thanks,
Scott