Package Testing Suite B

Elfy ub.untu at btinternet.com
Thu Jun 12 17:04:24 UTC 2014

Before I get to that - there are issues with the current image.

If you need to change the language at the first screen on boot -
currently you cannot do so. Nor is it possible to choose between Try and
Install prior to getting to the desktop.

The image WILL install from the desktop now though.

Package testing, you'll need a current 14.10 image - which you can get
here [1] - obviously while you're installing that you could also do an
image test for us ;) [2]

Once you've installed your image - update and upgrade it (or re-install
and report those results) as you can, then re-test the packages in
testsuite B. IT doesn't matter if you test more than once - report more
than once.

The package testcase suites can be found as always on the tracker [3]

You should find that the testcases are right for the version we
currently have - _if they need tweaking_, this is NOT cause to report a
bug on the package tracker - _report a bug against the testcase itself_,

Finally, if you are in a position, like me, to run the dev version more
or less constantly - when you are using an application - take a look at
the Package Tracker - read the testcase - if you have covered, or more
than covered the test, please do report that.

As always - *unreported tests don't count.*

Elfy

[1] http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/xubuntu/daily-live/current/
[2] http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/315/builds
[3]