[TEAM] Drop XChat for 14.10

Elfy ub.untu at btinternet.com
Thu Jul 31 12:43:23 UTC 2014

On 31/07/14 08:44, Simon Steinbeiß wrote:
> [snip] Be that as it may... Why I wanted to go ahead with this
> proposal is because I think that 14.10 is the perfect time to
> experiment a bit and get some feedback on things. If people complain
> about the lack of XChat – if there's a shitstorm about it even – I
> wouldn't take that as a failure of our decision but as a great reason
> to install it again by default, knowing for sure that it makes sense
> for many users.

Then it seem disingenuous to ask for people to vote on  a proposal if
what you really want to do - is can xchat anyway.

That said, if the reason is to gauge all people's use of IRC - then
remove pidgin as well. Or make it so people can't use pidgin for IRC.

> Cheers Simon
Anway - I'm still -1 but have used enough energy on this now.

--
Ubuntu Forum Council Member
Xubuntu QA Lead