Vertical motion lines on video playback, all versions/hardware.

Jeff Hanson jeff at projectcc.org
Tue Jul 22 22:32:47 UTC 2014

When there is a lot of motion in a video being played back in Xubuntu, we
get vertical lines that scroll somewhat on the screen. This is apparent on
all types of laptops/graphics cards. VLC, Firefox, etc.
This doesn't seem to be the case on regular Ubuntu.
This is currently the most pressing concern for us to not use Xubuntu in
our labs. We obviously want to continue to do so obviously. Has this issue
come up already?
It's not totally obvious at first, but is a consistent problem we've
noticed over the past year.
Would love to hear some thoughts!
Thank You!
Jeff Hanson