Upgrade Testing

Robin robin.arnaud at gmx.com
Fri Jan 31 10:04:07 UTC 2014

I'm sorry, someone else will have to add my results to the tracker.
Every attempt to log in, to create an account, whatever... takes me to
an "Oops" screen.  I've been trying for two days now and I'm done.
Someone just enter it /for/ me at
http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/308/builds/57248/testcases

This was an attempted Precise - to - Trusty upgrade.  It froze up after
downloading the packages, everything locked up forcing a power cutoff to
shut it down.  On a  Dell Dimension with a Celeron 2.5 gig processor and
512 RAM:

Computer
Processor 	Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.53GHz
Memory 	506MB (339MB used)
Operating System 	Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS
User Name 	robin (Robin)
Date/Time 	Thu 30 Jan 2014 05:20:21 AM EST
Display
Resolution 	1280x1024 pixels
OpenGL Renderer 	Unknown
X11 Vendor 	The X.Org Foundation
Multimedia
Audio Adapter 	ICH4 - Intel ICH5

Running Xubuntu 12,04 LTS:
Version
Kernel 	Linux 3.2.0-58-generic (i686)
Compiled 	#88-Ubuntu SMP Tue Dec 3 17:40:43 UTC 2013
C Library 	Unknown
Default C Compiler 	GNU C Compiler version 4.6.3 (Ubuntu/Linaro
4.6.3-1ubuntu5)
Distribution 	Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS
Current Session
Computer Name 	robin-Dell-DE051
User Name 	robin (Robin)
Home Directory 	/home/robin
Desktop Environment 	XFCE 4

Why I need a half dozen accounts between UbuntuOne, Launchpad, OpenID,
Discourse and any other Ubuntu site I'll never figure out. But I bet
it's a factor in why there are so few testers!

-Robin