Upgrade Testing

Richard Elkins richard.elkins at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 21:58:52 UTC 2014

Good point.  The category should be "Product (Ubuntu Core)".  Instead,
the same one or two simple test cases (not enough, IMO) are repeated in
every Ubuntu variant.  It looks like they're all clones.  See
http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/308/builds/.

It looks like nobody is planning to test multi-boot configuration
upgrades as it stands.  I'll do what I can in whatever time I have and
what time (?) is permitted.

Also, as Elfy pointed out, we really should have distinct scenarios for
(1) upgrading from the last long-term release i.e. 12.04 and (2)
upgrading from the last release i.e. 13.10.  Ouch.  This is why IBM etc.
have large QA departments with paid staff!  (-:

Richard