Feature request

Joel Ewing physicsshark3 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 00:43:12 UTC 2014

Hello,
I am wondering if including an option to install LibreOffice during the
Xubuntu installation (in place of or alongside Abiword and Gnumeric) could
be considered for an upcoming release of Xubuntu.
Recently, I was part of a group to decide what Linux distribution should be
chosen to run on a fleet of old laptops that were owned by a school.  I
suggested Xubuntu, but my suggestion was ignored partly because Xubuntu
does not come with LibreOffice.  Although Abiword and Gnumeric are great at
what they do, many users seem to gravitate towards LibreOffice because it
is more fully-featured.  I would appreciate if the developers could look
into this matter.
Thank you.

Joel Ewing