Xubuntu minimal install testing (xubuntu-core)

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Wed Feb 12 17:05:00 UTC 2014

Unit 193 wrote:
> Howdy, team!
>
> The Xubuntu team has been discussing this for a long time, and with this release we'd like to finally provide the option of a minimally installable system.

Count me in for this one! :-)

I am working on developing a minimal Xubuntu environment / configuration which will be able to image / deploy an instance of the Windows operating system to the same hard disk. I will not need many
packages, no office suite, etc... but still would like the Xfce GUI environment running and operational. Above and beyond that, I need to deploy our custom Software Distribution software to the
minimal Xubuntu installation.

Blessings,

--
Michael Lueck