[TEAM] Drop XChat for 14.10 - final results

Simon Steinbeiß simon at xfce.org
Wed Aug 6 11:29:36 UTC 2014

On Mon, 4 Aug 2014 12:10:07 +0200
Simon Steinbeiß <simon at xfce.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Aug 2014 09:48:36 +0000
> Thomas Molloy <lderan at outlook.com> wrote:
>
> > Changing my vote to +1
> >
> > - Lderan
>

> Thanks for the clarification, Tom!
>

> == Current voting status ==
>
> 6 in favor of the proposal to drop XChat, 5 against dropping it and 1
> abstinence.
>

> BTW, excuse my mistake (that I only noticed now), I wrote "June 6th"
> in the original voting email, I obviously meant "August 6th" as expiry
> date.
>
> Cheers
> Simon

Hi everyone,

this vote has expired and the proposal to drop XChat for Xubuntu 14.10
Utopic Unicorn has been supported by a close majority of the team.
As mentioned in my previous email, 6 members of our team voted in
favor, 5 against and one member abstained from voting.

While this means that XChat will in fact be dropped from our seeds for
the next release, the close result of this vote should serve as a
reminder to reconsider this decision for 15.04. We should take users'
feedback after the release of 14.10 into account as well as the
concerns raised by those members of our team who voted against
dropping XChat.

I'd like to thank everyone for casting their vote and bringing their
arguments to the table!

Cheers
Simon