Light Locker problems

Jimmie Houchin jlhouchin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 21:10:13 UTC 2014

Hello,

I have had this frustrating problem with Xubuntu 14.04 Beta 2 and updated.

Anytime my screen gets blanked, it is also locked.
Every time it is locked and is blanked, I lose the session to a blank
screen after login. I have found nothing that allows me to resume from
this condition.

This causes a loss of time and sometimes work. I have even uninstalled
and installed Crunchbang out of frustration. But I have decided I would
rather attempt to participate in the process and see how I can help to
get it fixed.

This occurs when the screen is blanked by any means and is also locked
at the same time.

If I lock the screen manually and the screen is not blanked. I can log
back in just fine.

If I turn off Light Locker and blank the screen. I can resume just fine.
If I turn off Light Locker and suspend. I can resume just fine.

If I manually lock the screen and close the lid on my laptop, it
automatically instantly suspends and I am messed up.

If Light Locker is off and I close the lid it does not suspend. I have
all of the Power settings to do nothing with the lid close.

If I set Light Locker - Blank screen - never, Switch off display -
never, Lock on suspend - Off. Then I can close the lid without
consequence, provide I did not lock the screen.

But, if I update, or something else I am not aware of, the Light Locker
settings will change to something I have never set it at. And if I close
the lid, unaware of these changes, I am messed up.

I do like the ability to lock the computer. I do not require Light
Locker to manage my display or suspend. I use the Power settings for that.

Any help fixing this greatly appreciated.

Until then, Light Locker will remain turned off.

Hopefully this will be fixed before final.

Thanks.

Jimmie Houchin