Next Xubuntu community meeting

Bruno Benitez gridcube at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 23:10:39 UTC 2013

I do not either, but it would be nice if there where an option somewhere to
let people clean it and choose the amount of kernels they want to keep or a
particular one, or something like that. Like if the user would search for
the kernels on synaptic and choose the ones to remove or keep, but
simplified

2013/10/17 Pasi Lallinaho <pasi at shimmerproject.org>

> I don't think we should remove anything from the users' system without
> his/her approval either.
>
> Pasi
>
> On 18/10/13 00:03, Jackson Doak wrote:
> > Running "apt-get dist-upgrade" or "apt-get autoremove" normally fixes
> > that, but it's an issue none the less
> >
> > On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 7:55 AM, Benoit <frombenny at aliceadsl.fr> wrote:
> >> I won't participate as for any irc meeting (I'm French and the
> discussion is
> >> too quick for me).
> >>
> >> But I want to point out an issue especially for a LTS version of
> Xubuntu.
> >> The update manager should wipe older kernels (keep only the last 3).
> When a
> >> version must work for a that long period, with old computers with not
> that
> >> much space available, 250MB times 20 or 30 old kernels still installed
> on
> >> that machines !!! It broke the system for some of those 12.04LTS I
> followed
> >> up.
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Benoit