install 13.10 from command line

Wes James comptekki at me.com
Thu Oct 10 21:13:09 UTC 2013

On Oct 10, 2013, at 01:17 PM, Pasi Lallinaho <pasi at shimmerproject.org> wrote:

On 10/10/13 21:51, Wes James wrote:
I've been trying to find the command line options to upgrade from 13.04 to 13.10.  Can someone point me to a page?   I've been googling, but can't find the right link :(

Thanks,

-wes

<snip>

If you insist upgrading from the CLI, run "do-release-upgrade -d".

Pasi

I did the do-release-upgrade -d on a test imac with win8 and os x.  The install succeeded and things are working fine.

Just before I upgraded I had added a second monitor and figured out that running:

xrandr --output DVI-0 --right-of LVDS

I can get dual monitor capability.  I followed some instructions on adding this command in Settings Manager/Session and Startup/Application Autostart, but it does not seem to run or does not run at the right time.  I looked in ~/.config/autostart and a dual-monitors.desktop is there.  But this is probably a question for another list.  I had added the command to autostart after the upgrade after finding that the xrandr command was working properly after the upgrade.

Thanks for the help.

-wes