Fwd: xubuntu-devel Digest, Vol 92, Issue 30

David Manuel Pires slickymaster at gmail.com
Thu May 30 14:35:14 UTC 2013

Hi, guys.

I'm sorry for bothering you once again, but it's a quick question. The
testcase I made for Xfce4-terminal has already been approved by the Ubuntu
Testcase Admins and Merged into lp:ubuntu-manual-tests at revision 111, and
the question is the following should I now change the status in Bug
#1183484-Test Needed: Xfce4 Terminal, from In Progress to Fix Committed or
Fix Released?

Regards,
slickymaster

> Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 07:03:36 +0100
> From: Elfy <ub.untu at btinternet.com>
> To: Xubuntu Development Discussion <xubuntu-devel at lists.ubuntu.com>
> Cc: David Manuel Pires <slickymaster at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: xubuntu-devel Digest, Vol 92, Issue 20
>
> On 29/05/13 01:41, David Manuel Pires wrote:
> > I've already started working on Xfce4 Terminal manual testcase and
> > assigned myself to it in Launchpad.
> >
> > Hopefully, between it, the daily iso's testcases in UbuntuQA and my
> > professional work, I'll have it ready for merging in a couple of weeks.
> >
> > Best regards.
> > Slickymaster
> >

> That's excellent, thank you.
>
> Elfy
>
> --
> Ubuntu Forum Council Member

As I'm preparing the Xfce4 Terminal manual testcase and with the intention
of doing it properly, I would like to question on how thorough must the
testcase be? Is it supposed to go through all the items available  in the
application menu or just through the most used ones?

Best regards.
Slickymaster
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xubuntu-devel/attachments/20130529/e8442be5/attachment-0001.html

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 20:29:06 +0300
From: Pasi Lallinaho <pasi at shimmerproject.org>
To: Xubuntu Development Discussion <xubuntu-devel at lists.ubuntu.com>
Cc: David Manuel Pires <slickymaster at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: xubuntu-devel Digest, Vol 92, Issue 29

On 29/05/13 20:25, David Manuel Pires wrote:

>     Message: 1
>     Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 07:03:36 +0100
>     From: Elfy <ub.untu at btinternet.com <mailto:ub.untu at btinternet.com>>
>     To: Xubuntu Development Discussion <xubuntu-devel at lists.ubuntu.com
>     <mailto:xubuntu-devel at lists.ubuntu.com>>
>     Cc: David Manuel Pires <slickymaster at gmail.com
>     <mailto:slickymaster at gmail.com>>
>     Subject: Re: xubuntu-devel Digest, Vol 92, Issue 20
>
>     On 29/05/13 01:41, David Manuel Pires wrote:
>     > I've already started working on Xfce4 Terminal manual testcase and
>     > assigned myself to it in Launchpad.
>     >
>     > Hopefully, between it, the daily iso's testcases in UbuntuQA and my
>     > professional work, I'll have it ready for merging in a couple of
>     weeks.
>     >
>     > Best regards.
>     > Slickymaster
>     >
>     >
>     That's excellent, thank you.
>
>     Elfy
>
>     --
>     Ubuntu Forum Council Member
>

> As I'm preparing the Xfce4 Terminal manual testcase and with the
> intention of doing it properly, I would like to question on how
> thorough must the testcase be? Is it supposed to go through all the
> items available  in the application menu or just through the most used
> ones?
>
> Best regards.
> Slickymaster

It's usually the most used items only.

You can find more examples at
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-testcase/ubuntu-manual-tests/trunk/files/head:/testcases/packages/
,
as you probably know already.

Cheers,
Pasi

--
Pasi Lallinaho (knome)                      ? http://open.knome.fi/
Leader of Shimmer Project and Xubuntu       ? http://shimmerproject.org/

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xubuntu-devel/attachments/20130529/527bac13/attachment-0001.html

------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 18:43:47 +0100
From: David Manuel Pires <slickymaster at gmail.com>
To: Pasi Lallinaho <pasi at shimmerproject.org>
Cc: Xubuntu Development Discussion <xubuntu-devel at lists.ubuntu.com>

On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 6:29 PM, Pasi Lallinaho <pasi at shimmerproject.org
>wrote:

>  On 29/05/13 20:25, David Manuel Pires wrote:
>
>   As I'm preparing the Xfce4 Terminal manual testcase and with the
> intention of doing it properly, I would like to question on how thorough
> must the testcase be? Is it supposed to go through all the items available
>  in the application menu or just through the most used ones?
>
>  Best regards.
> Slickymaster
>

> It's usually the most used items only.
>
> You can find more examples at