New Method of Following Packages with QA tracker

Elfy ub.untu at btinternet.com
Tue May 21 22:14:15 UTC 2013

There has been talk in #ubuntu-quality about a new method of following
specific packages throughout the whole cycle, rather than for a week at
a time.

This is in addition to the current image testing which will still go on
at http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/270/builds

We have some example/prototypes (these are likely to change with no
notice, hence the current screenshots as attached)  to look at

    http://packages.qa.dev.stgraber.org/qatracker/milestones/252/builds [1]

which is an overview of packages that we can follow, or

    http://packages.qa.dev.stgraber.org/qatracker/milestones/253/history
    [2]

which is following one package throughout the whole cycle.

I prefer the 2nd more detailed type - we can follow things for as short
or long a time as we want to, and given that we quite often are looking
for people to test things at short notice it could well be helpful to
the way we have to work.

What we need to know now, apart from thoughts on the whole idea, is what
packages the team thinks we should use this for.

Personally I can see a case for both short and long milestones, if we
get xfce4.12 into the mix then I'd assume having the ability to watch
bugs and test for longer periods is going to help us as a team.

The over-riding point being that we can use this new system how we want to.

Regards

Elfy

for the QA team

[1] http://imagebin.org/258482