Xubuntu Developers team in Launchpad

Pasi Lallinaho pasi at shimmerproject.org
Fri May 3 11:54:26 UTC 2013

Hello,

the details of the Xubuntu Developers team in Launchpad (~xubuntu-dev)
needs some attention. I assume both Lionel and Micah can access these.

First of all, does the mailing list serve any purpose? If not, can it be
deleted? If yes, what purpose? Also, if the purpose is purely technical,
can we point out that we have another list for the development
discussion in the team description?

The description needs a review apart from the mailing list information
as well. We will need to discuss if the process mentioned in the
description is at all accurate or if we should have something similar.
I'd assume this depends much on how we want to organize getting new
people formally to the developer team, so it will need to wait until
we've discussed that. I will help writing a new description for the team
once we're ready to change it, if needed.

More generally, I think it would make sense to add a short paragraph
about the requirements and process to join the (sub)teams [1] to each
moderated LP team description. If the Strategy Document or any part of
it is unaccurate or need fixing after any discussions or actions taken,
we should review and fix it as well.

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/StrategyDocument#line-97