Articles needed for a special edition of a magazine about Ubuntu Flavors

Elizabeth Krumbach lyz at ubuntu.com
Tue Mar 26 16:18:46 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

Just got notes back from the magazine editor, we can begin writing! I
liked Jackson's idea for collaboratively editing them all. Each of us
will still write our own, just have it available as a collaborative
document either with Google Docs or pad.ubuntu.com just in case we get
busy/pulled way or whatever we'll at least have a start (if you aren't
a member of the team that can edit things on pad.ubuntu.com you can
request to be added, I'm an admin of the etherpad launchpad team).

Each article should be 2 to 8 printed pages, each page should expect
to have have 2500 characters and 2 screen shots/images.

For reference, he also wrote:

"Please remember to keep community and technical subjects wisely balanced.
First, we'd like to convince people to Xubuntu. When they find this OS
exciting - we can show them a community path.
Anyway, I consider an article "Experiences, challenges and the reasons
I settled on Xubuntu" as a technical one :)"

As a reminder, here's the list of articles:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Marketing/Magazine2013

If you see one that's "Unassigned" please volunteer to write it! And
it looks like we could use a couple more "get excited about Xubuntu"
articles :)