[Bulk] Re: Project: Community Computers/ Xubuntu Feedback

Elfy ub.untu at btinternet.com
Wed Jun 26 21:39:53 UTC 2013

On 26/06/13 21:56, Jackson Doak wrote:
> not really. Forums never seem to work for devel stuff. The is a
> faux-social network being made, but no-one uses it.
>

> On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 6:51 AM, Jeff Hanson <jephhanson at gmail.com
> <mailto:jephhanson at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Well of course we do want to share stories about things we've
>     done.. :)
>
>     But I guess we were thinking more about giving feedback for design
>     decisions for suture releases, as these decisions will impact us
>     directly.
>
>     It seems the email list here might not be so bad if I can filter
>     it right. Are there forums that are used at all for xubutnu?

Forum's are at least one of the support methods available for Xubuntu.

The 'faux-social' thing is actually a test being run between different
sections of the community - I'm happy to point you in the right
direction about that if you actually need it. I am not convinced yet.

This IS the right place to talk to dev's - I find it the easiest wayto
do so.

That said - if you have an issue/question then the IRC channel is
probably another suitable way to do so.

I do check both and am happy to broach questions languishing on IRC to here.

IRC sort of relies on either hanging about for an answer/having some
sort of contant connnection/or someone like me who wanders around in
between.

IF you have an issue and are not getting answers on IRC then please mail
me and I will forward it.

Regards

Kev

--