What's expected?

Elizabeth Krumbach Joseph lyz at ubuntu.com
Wed Jun 26 15:09:01 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 1:39 AM, Joan Advincula <mj.advincula at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> So, I'm new to this thing and about the guidelines... How do we check and/or
> verify if the background someone is using is CC-licensed or can be freely
> shared?

It's up to the individual submitting the screenshot to license their
screenshot. On our end we need to just do the best we can to confirm
that they are being honest about the license of the submission and pay
attention if there is some "obvious" copyrighted or licensed material
(a note about copyright on the background artwork itself, well-known
characters in the image) and reject it with a note about license if
there seems to be a violation. We'll be responsible for taking down
any screenshots if there is a copyright/license challenge.

http://www.princessleia.com