What's expected?

Pasi Lallinaho pasi at shimmerproject.org
Wed Jun 26 11:00:35 UTC 2013

When we've set up the deviantART groups and whatever we use for
submissions, we point the users to our guidelines, which clearly states
what our requirements are.

Generally, we should be OK to assume people have checked their
licensing. The moderators should look for inappropriate content (like
nudity and such things) and obvious licensing problems (like using a big
corporate logo on the wallpaper) as well as check that the submissions
are technically as expected (no lossy images, as discussed earlier in
the PNG/BMP/JPG thread).

Once the moderating is done, the moderators should add the new
submission (or a link to that) to a central listing (like a wikipage)
where somebody who updates the website can pick up one when needed.

Our submissions/gallery should probably also note that we take no
responsibility over the contents licensing issues whatsoever, even if
it's partly pre-moderated, just to be on the safe side. Elizabeth, comments?

Cheers,
Pasi