Proposal: "Desktop of the Week" Gallery

Pasi Lallinaho pasi at shimmerproject.org
Wed Jun 19 09:22:29 UTC 2013

On 19/06/13 07:53, Joan Advincula wrote:
> Something like PNG or BMP?
>
> - Joan
>

> On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 8:19 PM, Elizabeth Krumbach Joseph
> <lyz at ubuntu.com <mailto:lyz at ubuntu.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 5:57 PM, Rich Dennis <amerigena at gmail.com
>     <mailto:amerigena at gmail.com>> wrote:
>     > I'm new to this, so what exactly does this mean?
>     >
>     >
>     > Image resolution
>     >
>     > Screenshots with any screen resolution are fine, as long as as
>     an original
>     > and uncompressed version is included.
>     >
>     >
>     > Isn't the "original and uncompressed version" what's going to be
>     extracted
>     > for the screenshot?
>     > Just curious.
>
>     If the user saves it as a compressed jpg file, it will end up looking
>     pixelated and not very nice. We don't want that :)
>
>     --
>     Elizabeth Krumbach Joseph || Lyz || pleia2
>     http://www.princessleia.com
>
>     --

> Joan Advincula
> @iamMJae <http://twitter.com/iamMJae> |
> http://jauntyskipper.wordpress.com |
> https://reps.mozilla.org/u/jadvincula/

PNG is always good (and is the default for Xfce screenshooter). JPG is
fine for us as long as it is uncompressed (eg. not pixelated).

We will naturally resize the screenshots for the gallery for our needs,
but I imagine we will also want to show full size screenshots, thus
those should be crisp as well.

Cheers,
Pasi

P.S. It makes threads easier to follow if everybody posts at the bottom
of the previous message.