Question regarding Xubuntu

Pasi Lallinaho pasi at shimmerproject.org
Tue Jul 23 20:03:54 UTC 2013

On 23/07/13 21:04, Timo Jacob wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if you are still accepting mirrors for Xubuntu and if
> so what are the file size requirements and the setup instructions for
> a mirror?
>
> Thank you very much in advance for answering my question.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Timo Jacob

Hey Timo (also sending this mail to the Xubuntu developer mailing list),

new mirrors are always welcome!

Mirroring one release of Xubuntu takes up to around 3GB of space on the
server (half of that for 13.04+).

There's some general help and pointers on Ubuntu mirrors at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Mirrors/. I don't know how to exactly create a
mirror, but I'm sure people on the mailing list mentioned on the
wikipage are able to help.

Once you have the mirror up we can add it to the Xubuntu website mirrors
list.

Cheers,
Pasi