Minimum System Requirements

Ali Linx (amjjawad) amjjawad at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 20:18:23 UTC 2013

Hi again,

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 9:14 PM, Elizabeth Krumbach Joseph
<lyz at ubuntu.com>wrote:

> Please share details here on the list so the conversation is kept in
> one place :)  so I'd put together a proposal for discussion when we're
> working out our

roadmap for the next release.

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lubuntu-users/2013-June/004563.html

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lubuntu-users/2013-June/004638.html

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lubuntu-users/2013-June/004700.html

I have sent that already 5 days ago but never mind :0

> I think it's pretty late in the cycle for a major change like this,

Hmm, I'm sorry to ask too much and cause headache but, what makes you think
it is pretty late in the cycle and what makes you think this is a major
change? why to wait for the next cycle?
True I'm not even close to be a developer but what impact that one tiny
package could do?

zram-config

http://i39.tinypic.com/2vv3tjt.jpg

I'd really appreciate if you explain to me why it is too late :)
IMHO, this is not a major change but that is only me.

> so I'd put together a proposal for discussion when we're working out our
> roadmap for the next release. To do this, you'll want to put together
> a wiki page with rationale, how you feel this change is in line with
> our Strategy Document[0] and what work would need to be done to
> support this (this is the standard procedure for proposing changes).

I can do this right now. Unless of course everyone else agrees with you
that it is too late for this cycle and this needs to be discussed later.

If you want to write this wiki page now and discuss it, a new thread
> would be best for that but feedback may be limited at this point in
> the cycle as our devs are focused on other things.
>
> Thanks!
>
> [0] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/StrategyDocument

If truth to be told, I'd like to do it now and I'd like to understand why
we need to wait :)

Hmm, maybe if I explain more about how this change will help Xubuntu a lot,
will that change anything about trying out this now? since we are still in
Alpha Stage. Please, advise!

Many thanks!

--

"All of us are smarter than any one of us."

*Best Regards,*
*amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/>*
*Start Ubuntu<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/CommunicationsTeam/WOWLubuntu/StartUbuntu>
*