Joining the Xubuntu Teamd

Pasi Lallinaho pasi at shimmerproject.org
Thu Jul 11 09:19:41 UTC 2013

On 11/07/13 07:50, Shawn Barnes wrote:
> Xubuntu Community,
>
> My name is Shawn Barnes and I've been using Linux for quite some time.
> Lately I've been getting back into the Ubuntu Forums to help users
> with any issues or suggestions to diagnose and fix issues related to
> (L,X,K,U)buntu and it's other variants.
>
> I'm here to offer my help and support for Xubuntu. I generally
> reinstall a different Ubuntu variant every 3 months usually ending in
> a week of I want this one no that one no that one, and in the end I
> always end up at Xubuntu. I would like to help in any areas you would
> like. My main area of interest is in the documentation side. I like to
> keep track of what I've done or what I do when I install Xubuntu to
> fix nay related issues or keep things the same. In the past I've done
> this by a script I'd manually update that would fix my sound, optimize
> flash, download updates, install graphics drivers, and install a few
> programs I consistently  use.
>
> Seeing all of these new people contact the Xubuntu team to join has
> been reving up my ambition to join and work with the team. If you feel
> I would be able to help let me know.
>
> My wiki page is: http://wiki.ubuntu.com/slooksterpsv
>
> Thanks,
>

> Shawn B.
> slooksterpsv

Hey Shawn and thanks for your interest!

As you've probably noticed, the first thing you should do is getting to
know the community (also see the contribute section of our website [1]).
We have a scheduled community meeting today at 15UTC and you're the most
welcome to join us!

On the documentation side, we have a few projects for the Saucy cycle,
listed in the documentation blueprint [2]. To be a bit more verbose and
clear than the blueprint though, the two main goals are 1) improving and
extending current documentation where it seems to be lacking 2)
"porting" the newly rewritten documentation for Xubuntu 12.04 LTS. Would
these projects be something what you're looking after?

Cheers,
Pasi

[1] http://xubuntu.org/contribute/
[2] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/xubuntu-s-documentation