Configuring proxy settings

Adam Jefferiss adam.jefferiss at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 08:55:42 UTC 2013

Hi all,

At work I find myself having to jump between different proxy servers while
testing various bits, at the moment since I'm using Xubuntu I'm setting the
http_proxy and https_proxy environment variables, for system wide, or
changing the setting directly in Firefox.

What I'm looking for a simple GUI to help quickly change the settings,
something that sits within the "Network Connections" Settings Manager
option would be ideal.

Does anyone have a recommendation for an app to do it? Failing that is it
something being looked from a development point of view? If not I'm more
than happy to look at adding the feature, I've been searching for a means
to help out more within Xubuntu beyond forum help etc. But haven't done any
Xubuntu specific development before, so would be looking for some guidance,
but do enjoy Python/GTK development :)

Thanks,
Adam