The reasons why Leafpad is fine
David Segura M
davidseg at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 13:52:22 UTC 2013
El 08/01/13 07:52, Eero Tamminen escribió:
> On tiistai 08 tammikuu 2013, Liviu Andronic wrote:
>> On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 11:06 PM, PK <pliniusminor at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> So please: let's keep Leafpad as default for Xubuntu!
>> I'd say put Mousepad back in. :) Its recent latest release is very
>> decent, and strikes a compromise between Leafpad and Gedit.
> What features (including e.g. translations to extra languages)
> it adds on top of Leafpad?
> - Eero
I am of the opinion of leaving the apps that the Xubuntu team decides as
every user can un/install the ones they want whenever they want, but in
this case Mousepad seems to me a better choice since it is a project of
the Xfce team wich has a recent relesase with some very intersesting
characteristics but at the same time keeping it amazingly fast:
- Drag and Drop support for text inside a document, between tabs and
between windows. Also supports opening a file by dragging it into
- Support for multiple tabs in one window which are both reorderable
- Load multiple files at once from both the open dialog and the command
- Type-ahead find and highlight feature like Firefox.
- Support for editable menu accelerators.
- Reimplemented recent file support. You can cleanup the Mousepad
history and a file is removed from the history when Mousepad was
unable to open it.
- Syntax highlighting of many filetypes (including printing).
- Various hidden settings.
- Statusbar with filetype, cursor location and whether overwrite is
David Segura M
More information about the xubuntu-devel