The future of Ubuntu Developer Summit

Pasi Lallinaho pasi at shimmerproject.org
Tue Feb 26 18:37:19 UTC 2013

Hello Xubuntu team,

Jono Bacon announced today that Ubuntu Developer Summits (UDS) will be
online events in the future. The announcement [1] says that "the new
format of UDS provides an enhanced level of openness and transparency
that is optimized for online participants".

For the Xubuntu team this means we will need to rethink how we should
participate, or if it's more beneficial to organize our own meetings and
sprints and try to organize communication with other Ubuntu teams in
different ways.

Cheers,
Pasi

[1]