How / When to make suggestions to contribute to Xubuntu 14.04

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Tue Dec 24 11:11:04 UTC 2013

Greetings All,

Merry Christmas Eve as well!

I am building a new notebook system (Lenovo ThinkPad T540p with Intel i5 CPU and Nvidia GeForce GT 730M) for a client requesting Linux as the main OS, and "legacy" operating systems via VirtualBox.

I have loaded it with Xubuntu 13.10 for now, managed to disable both of the Windows 8 centric setting in the BIOS so perhaps even 12.04 LTS would boot off of the system now... but anyway I shall move
forward looking, not back to the current LTS release.

Anyway, I noticed right off that there was by default no "Restart" option in the top left "Shut Down / Log Out..." menu, so put that one back by checking that it should be included in the option list.

I am tracking a document of such tweaks as I prepare the system. Which method could I contribute back my suggestions in order to have the Xubuntu team review them for possible default inclusion in the
official release of Xubuntu 14.04? Such would save me time not having to perform so many customizations to the OS.

BTW: I have not seen the binary graphics driver icon show up as indicating there are drivers for this Nvidia GeForce GT 730M chip. Do such get installed by default and there is no option not to... or
is this chip too new for Xubuntu 13.10 to have support for the chip?

Blessings,

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems