GTK3 Indicators and Trusty Extras

Elfy ub.untu at btinternet.com
Sat Dec 14 07:28:37 UTC 2013

On 13/12/13 19:15, Richard Elkins wrote:
> Elfy,
>
> Followed instructions.  The sound indicator did not show up on Panel 0
> in the right-hand corner.  The work-around
> ("INDICATOR_ALLOW_NO_WATCHERS=yes" in /etc/environment and reboot) had
> no effect.  Be patient and wait for the migration to complete?
>
> The psensor showed up and is useful.  Date/Time is still there.
>
> Different subject: Anyone have an idea why "Extras" is still MIA (404)?
> The work-around is easy (use Saucy Extras in place of Trusty Extras).
> Again, wait for future instructions?
>
> Richard
Did the sound-indicator appear yet - assuming a reboot in the meantime.
I've personally had no issues with it - I was using the previous
instructions (saucy) and had it constantly. Lost it on the sudo make
uninstalls - which was good - the one time I was expecting to lose it,
then it reappeared after following the new instructions.

You did I assume install it?

As far as Extras goes - I rarely bother enabling it for at least the
first few months. Though there's nothing in there I particularly need or
want.

Elfy

--
Ubuntu Forum Council Member