xubuntu-devel Digest, Vol 99, Issue 13

David Manuel Pires slickymaster at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 12:09:28 UTC 2013

Hi.

On 13 December 2013 11:29, <xubuntu-devel-request at lists.ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 09:03:57 -0500
> From: Jack Fromm <jjfrv8 at gmail.com>
> To: Xubuntu Development Discussion <xubuntu-devel at lists.ubuntu.com>
> Subject: Proposal for a "What's New" Page for Trusty
>
> The Ubuntu-doc team recently floated the idea of doing a "what's new"
> page for the upcoming LTS release, Trusty Tahr. We thought that would be
> a good idea for Xubuntu too and wanted to open it up for suggestions.
>
> The first question to be considered is whether it should only cover
> what's new from the previous LTS release (Precise) or should it include
> the changes from the previous release (Saucy) as well.

> We'll need to keep the implications of that decision in mind as we try
> to decide where the pages or articles would appear, for example:
>
>   * Offline documentation
>   * Xubuntu website
>   * Blog article(s)
>   * Installation slideshow ( how would we make it short and sweet and
>     still possibly cover both versions?)

Keeping in mind all the implications mentioned above and the fact that
those who only upgrade their systems from a LTS version to the next LTS
version would theoretically be the most interested in that information, I
think that we should focus the "What's new" page only on the changes
occurring from Precise to Trusty.

David Pires

Xubuntu Documentation member.