Menulibre, Mugshot, Catfish, Parole, LightDM GTK+ Greeter Status

Sean Davis smd.seandavis at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 02:06:15 UTC 2013

Hey everyone!

I missed the meeting today, but here's a summary of where I am at with
each of my items (feel free to add anything I missed).

=== Menulibre(2) ===
The rewrite/restructure of MenuLibre has been moving along quite well.
The application does not currently do any editing, but the majority of
that code is going to be imported from the original. It does read the
current menu structure correctly and I'm working on being able to also
write that menu structure. The interface is also pretty much complete,
unless there are suggestions or concerns...

* Menus and menu items are correctly read and processed
* Menu editing is under way
* Once complete, get it packaged and uploaded to debian

=== Mugshot ===
There is not a terrible lot that needs to be done for mugshot. I need
to do some debugging however, as the camera portion of the application
seems a bit flaky on my new laptop.

* Remove yelp dependency, get rid of help button
* Get packaged and uploaded to debian (hopefully with Noskcaj's help)

=== Catfish ===
There are some outstanding bugs in the 13.04 and 13.10 versions, I'll
be addressing those soon. Additionally, there are some new debian bugs
which I also hope to address shortly and the fixes will roll back into
trusty.

Bugs:
* LP #1258713: [NEW] Catfish crashing with gi._glib.GError: Icon
'camera-photo' not present in theme
* Debian #731363: catfish: depends on locate undocumented and without
favoring mlocate

=== Parole Media Player ===
Simon and I have finished the GTK3 port, and have been working with
other contributors on a new MPRIS2 plugin. There is still the
outstanding issue of packaging in Ubuntu that makes the plugins not
work, we'll need to investigate. The last time I checked, the packaging
was working correctly in debian.

* New MPRIS2 plugin
* 0.5.91 to be released this weekend
* Plugin packaging to be investigated

=== LightDM GTK+ Greeter ===
We've had a new contributor to the greeter, adding lots of fixes and
new functionality. We'll be doing the first development release this
cycle shortly, and we're going to need significant testing for all the
new things we've added. I'll be extending the lightdm-gtk-greeter PPA
with trusty builds sometime in the next few days.

* Trusty packages coming to the PPA shortly

Let me know if there are any questions or concerns.

Thanks!
Sean (bluesabre)