Proposal for a "What's New" Page for Trusty

Jack Fromm jjfrv8 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 14:03:57 UTC 2013

The Ubuntu-doc team recently floated the idea of doing a "what's new"
page for the upcoming LTS release, Trusty Tahr. We thought that would be
a good idea for Xubuntu too and wanted to open it up for suggestions.

The first question to be considered is whether it should only cover
what's new from the previous LTS release (Precise) or should it include
the changes from the previous release (Saucy) as well.

We'll need to keep the implications of that decision in mind as we try
to decide where the pages or articles would appear, for example:

  * Offline documentation
  * Xubuntu website
  * Blog article(s)
  * Installation slideshow ( how would we make it short and sweet and
    still possibly cover both versions?)

Once we get a better idea of what it should look like, we'll try to
finalize things in a team meeting.

We've recently had some inquiries from volunteers interested in getting
involved in documentation. How big the scope of this project can be will
most likely depend on how much help we can get, so this might be an
opportunity to get your feet wet. Please let us know if you are
interested in helping.

Thanks,
Jack

--