Fixed: Bug #1208204 - "indicator-sound no longer functions with xfce4-indicator-plugin"

Richard Elkins richard.elkins at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 23:52:34 UTC 2013

Alistair et al,

I can confirm that this indicator-sound-gtk2 package update SUCCEEDS on
2 different Xubuntu Saucy machines in my house: one with an Intel i915
kernel module and one with a gma500_gfx kernel module (Modesetting Xorg
video driver).

Folks - please try the following procedure or the equivalent out, okay?

1. Make sure that patches are *not* in effect.  E.g. With synaptic,
re-install indicator-sound and indicator-sound-gtk from the repositories.
2. Restart the desktop (E.g. sudo reboot).
3. Verify that the audio widget in the upper-right corner isn't
functioning as it ought to.
4. sudo add-apt-repository ppa:a-j-buxton/indicator-sound-gtk2
5. sudo apt-get -y update
6. sudo apt-get -y dist-upgrade
7. Restart the desktop.

Thank you, Alistair.