TEAM: Testing Schedules

Elfy ub.untu at btinternet.com
Sun Dec 1 14:26:47 UTC 2013

This cycle Ubuntu are not doing 'cadence' testing, but rather an ongoing
'exploratory' testing affair [1]

Seems to be a request for people to use apps in Trusty and report bugs.

I'm not convinced that this will work for us - history tells me that
nothing will get done and reported to us unless we actually ask for
tests to be done for us.

To that end I propose that we carry on with the efforts to carry on with
running our existing tests at the package tracker.

I've got a draft schedule to call for specific areas of our tracker at
the pad, if I hear nothing or see changes then I will be running with
those dates.

http://pad.ubuntu.com/OHGoAbZPji

*NEW FEATURES*

In addition we need to plan for testing for the planned new features.

Can those concerned with the following let me know what the current
state id, when we're likely to see them land, if PPAs are available and
good enough for us to test with?

GTK3 Indicators.
Light-locker
MenuLibre
Mugshot.

We've also got plans to use whiskermenu - are we going ahead with this?
I've got the gtk3 ind's installed here [2] - I've also got whiskermenu
installed [3] - though that is now available without PPA  - doesn't
appear on the add to panel menu - is this a conflict with gtk3 indicators?

Kev

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/Roles/Tester#Exploratory_Testing
[2]
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Roadmap/Specifications/Saucy/Gtk3Indicators