No XMir by default in 13.10

Elizabeth Krumbach Joseph lyz at ubuntu.com
Fri Aug 23 00:25:01 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

At our meeting on August 22nd we got an update from the Mir developers
and then the team voted to not move forward with using XMir in the
13.10 release.

Full meeting logs & minutes:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Meetings/Archive/Minutes/2013-08-22

Pasi has written about it here:
http://open.knome.fi/2013/08/22/xubuntu-team-no-mir-for-13-10/

We will come back to evaluating XMir during the next cycle when it has
the features we want and is more mature, hopefully at that point it
can be a better option for our users.

Thanks to all of the folks who stepped up to help us with testing, we
hope you stick around to help with more testing of other components of
Xubuntu, we can always use the help :)

http://www.princessleia.com