Correction: Disabling and re-enabling Mir; Opinion: Release Mir with 13.10

Richard Elkins richard.elkins at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 20:16:57 UTC 2013

Thanks, Jimmy.  I missed that blog entry.

The second line tells the process which read the configuration file
which executable to invoke.  In this case, it is a shell script
`unity-system-compositor.sleep` which simply sleeps a bit and then
invokes the `unity-system-compositor` executable.  You can find them
both in /usr/sbin.

Only the first line (type=unity) need be commented out in order to
invoke X from LightDM without attempting Mir.