XMir on Xubuntu Install Test with Intel GMA 3650 graphics
richard.elkins at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 22:45:36 UTC 2013
Just down-loaded the ISO (08/13/13 Version: 0.0.9r970) from
http://vanir.unit193.tk/mir/. I used it to install on my rig described
below. Then, I performed an apt-get update and dist-upgrade to make
sure that I was testing an up-to-date system.
(1) While the compositor did try to come up, it gave up and returned an
exit code of 1 according to the lightdm.log. The
unity-system-compositor.log contained the following:
Throw in function void
Dynamic exception type:
std::exception::what: Failed to create GBM device
(2) Lightdm handled the exit code by starting an X session as a replacement.
The resulting Lightdm on X on Linux kernel 3.11.0-2 is quite stable.
Queries or further testing?
Motherboard: Intel D2550MUD2 (for better and worse!)
* Dual-core Intel Atom D2550 CPU
* Intel NM10 Express chipset
* Intel GMA 3650 graphics ("Cedar View")
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the xubuntu-devel