[Testing Report 1] Xubuntu Saucy with MIR

Ali Linx (amjjawad) amjjawad at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 11:51:47 UTC 2013

On Sun, Aug 4, 2013 at 10:05 PM, Elizabeth Krumbach Joseph
<lyz at ubuntu.com>wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 4, 2013 at 9:30 AM, Ali Linx (amjjawad) <amjjawad at gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> On Sun, Aug 4, 2013 at 8:14 PM, Bruno Benitez <gridcube at gmail.com> wrote:

>>>  So, it would be clear and easy to understand for everyone :)
>>>>

>> What I meant is: "After booting the system, a terminal window with the
>> unity-system-compositor log will display. To confirm that you are running
>> XMir, type ps ax | grep system-comp"
>>
>> Better to be (IMHO): Open Terminal and type: ps ax | grep system-comp
>>

> That's not accurate though. What the text on the website is explaining is
> that a terminal window with the log should already be open, so there is no
> need to be surprised that a terminal shows up with log stuff in it. With
> this terminal you can type the ps command in. No need to open a new
> terminal.
>
> Maybe putting these two sentences on separate lines would help people read
> them more slowly so they understand they are two separate things?

Now, it is easier to understand, thanks :)

By the way, I've been too weak and had a bad migraine the other day, I'm
trying to re-charge my batteries. When will be the last day for this? I
don't want to miss the fun of testing!

--
*Remember: "All of us are smarter than any one of us."
*Best Regards,