[Testing Report 1] Xubuntu Saucy with MIR

Ali Linx (amjjawad) amjjawad at gmail.com
Sun Aug 4 16:30:38 UTC 2013

On Sun, Aug 4, 2013 at 8:14 PM, Bruno Benitez <gridcube at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2013/8/4 Ali Linx (amjjawad) <amjjawad at gmail.com>
>
> I wish someone could change/rephrase that on the website:
>> http://vanir.unit193.tk/mir/
>>
> So, it would be clear and easy to understand for everyone :)

What I meant is: "After booting the system, a terminal window with the
unity-system-compositor log will display. To confirm that you are running
XMir, type ps ax | grep system-comp"

Better to be (IMHO): Open Terminal and type: ps ax | grep system-comp

Hope it is clear now.

>> This is what I got: http://i41.tinypic.com/f56j2w.jpg
>>

>> As said, you used a vm, so it fall back to a standard x.org session. You
> didnt actually tested xmir

I know, point taken, no need to repeat :D
What I was asking about (sorry if that wasn't too obvious/clear): HOW can I
tell whether it is MIR or something else???

Benoit <frombenny at aliceadsl.fr> wrote:

It seems that it's not that simple :

   - Test with the live
CD<http://www.zimagez.com/zimage/capturedcran-03082013-182644.php>
   - Test installed on hard disk with the AMD proprietary drivers
activated<http://www.zimagez.com/zimage/capturedcran-03082013-194511.php>

As far as I can see, only numbers are different. So, if I want to help, I
need to understand what exactly I need to look at :)

And you most welcome :)

--
*Remember: "All of us are smarter than any one of us."
*Best Regards,